This post was most recently updated on April 5th, 2022
12 Best Laptops For Revit 2022 – Reviews, FAQS & Guide
The field of science and technology is evolving every single day and so are our needs. You can’t find a single line of work that exists without the intervention of technology.
It’s enrooted deeply in almost every trait of our lives and we certainly have been too much reliant on these specialized tools to help us out in our daily endeavors. And it wouldn’t be an exaggerated statement if we could declare it a revolutionary yet productive addition to our lives.
Talking about on Job productivity, the AEC industry has been doing wonders ever since the inception of technology. From heavy-duty on-field machinery to high-performance sophisticated software, nothing is beyond or without technology.
Read Also:14 BEST LAPTOPS FOR ART STUDENTS
A precise 3D model created by a professional architect is considered to be the base of an on-ground structure and in order to do that delicate task, pro engineers use Autodesk Revit as a tool. Revit is a high-end software that helps professionals in information modeling, generating precise 3D models, and staying up to date on their ongoing projects.
However to be able to run this high-end software you need to have a machine as advanced as the software itself. And that’s where even the most experienced users struggle to get around now and then.
It’s no secret that Revit is not ordinary software and you need to have a laptop with specific features to run this high-performance program.
So if you need such a machine, it’s imperative to dig deep and find out the best laptop for Revit and that could only happen if you know what makes a laptop well suited for Revit software. But if you aren’t, you still don’t have to worry about it because we got you covered hands-down.
We got you a list of some of the best laptops for Revit researched and analyzed by a team of experts to help you get yourself the best machine as per your needs and preference.
1.Acer Aspire 5
- 15.6 inches HD display
- 1920×1080 resolution
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM
- 512 GB SSD
- Backlit keyboard
- Windows 10
- Core i5
Equally useful both for gaming and Revit, Acer Aspire is one of the most cost-friendly yet amazingly featured laptops in many ways.
The LED IPS monitor provides a full HD 15.6 inches display incorporated with a sublime resolution of 1920×1080 which is evident from its magnificent viewing experience. The Acer Aspire is equipped with an AMD Radeon Vega 8 DDR4 graphics card that provides a core speed of 1.1 GHz which is more than good enough to run your favorite Revit software.
- The 9th GEN intel core i5 built AMD Ryzen 3500U processor provides a clock speed of around 2.1GHz to 3.7GHz by using a combo of 4 CPU cores, 8 threads, and 8 GPU cores.
- The combination of an 8 GB DDR4 Ram and 512 GB SSD provides smooth performance on Revit.
The Acer Aspire is bound to provide a work time of around 7 hours normally while it will last up to 1 to 1.5 hours on Revit. The stylishly designed backlit keyboard allows you to work smoothly even in low light conditions. All these features and its relatively low cost certainly make Acer Aspire a worthy option to consider.
Although the Acer Aspire 5 is incorporated with some of the most amazing you could ask for in a low-cost laptop, the thing that counts as a drawback is its extremely meager battery life on Revit.
2.Lenovo 2021 ThinkPad P17
- Intel 10th generation i9
- 64 GB RAM
- Two TB storage space
- 17.3” FHD IPS display
- Windows 10 pro
Although the whole ThinkPad P series is worthy of inclusion here, the reason I choose the P 17 is just because of its sizeable display of 17 inches which is a major plus point for Revit users. Not only that, you will be getting better than ever viewing experience with a full HD 1920×1080 resolution on a 17” FHD IPS display as per your requirement.
- The customizable nature of the Lenovo laptops means you can get your ThinkPad in i5, i7, i9, or even in Xeon processors.
- The P17 is also equipped with an NVidia Quadro T2000, 4 GB DDR4 graphics card, and UHD graphics for 10th generation processors.
The amazing performance of the ThinkPad P17 comes from the impressive combination of 64 GB DDR4 RAM and two TB storage space.
Besides that, you will be getting some terrific features such as the anti-glare display, backlit keyboard with numeric keypads, a fingerprint reader, an HD webcam, blue tooth 5.1, multiple wired connectivity options, and many more.
Even though you won’t see a better mobile workstation laptop in terms of performance and power, the fact that it weighs around 8 lbs which is certainly quite heavy for a mobile workstation laptop, it won’t cut out as your go-to travel option.
3.Acer Nitro 5
- 9th generation intel core i5 processor
- 15.6 inches full HD IPS display
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 256 GB storage space
- Wi-Fi 6
- Backlit keyboard
- Built in Alexa
Acer is one of the few companies to have mastered producing high-quality IT accessories such as the desktop screen, processors, and other accessories besides manufacturing high-end laptop models and they certainly know their art.
Talking about Nitro 5, you will be getting a magnificent speed of 4.1 GHz all thanks to its ultra-modern 9th generation intel core i5 9300 H processor.
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics memory comes with a dedicated 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM that makes your job easier by running heavy .exe files smoothly without causing a single glitch.
The 15.6 inches full HD screen is good enough for Revit users plus the screen is equipped with an IPS backlit display that offers a perfect color resolution which is vital in creating a perfect model.
In addition, the Nitro 5 provides a 256 GB NVMe SSD to store heavy files plus you will get an additional upgradable M.2 slot to increase that storage space. The ultra-modern cool boost technology keeps the temperature of the unit at an optimal level even during peak work hours.
The only disappointing thing in this otherwise a pretty good laptop is the absence of both face recognition webcam and fingerprint reader which means you won’t be getting the luxury of skipping passwords.
4.ASUS TUF FX505DT
- 15.6 inches IPS display
- 1920×1080 resolution
- AMD Ryzen 5 R5-3550H Processor
- GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics card
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 256GB PCIe SSD
- RGB backlit Keyboard
Another high-end laptop equally valuable both for gaming and Revit, ASUS TUF FX505DT is equipped with all the right features to be at the top of your wish list if you are a Revit user.
You will be amazed to see how smoothly the ASUS TUF FX505DT could run heavy .exe files without a single glitch thanks to its ultra-fast base speed of 1390 MHz that could easily clock to a boost speed of 1560MHz.
- The ASUS TUF FX505DT comes with a high-performance quad-core AMD Ryzen 3550h processor which allows you to run high graphics strenuous assignments without any fear of app crash.
- As the name suggests, the ASUS TUF FX505DT certainly is a tough bloke both in performance and structure as this one is built on a military-grade STD 810 standard construction principle.
The combination of 256 GB NVMe storage memory and 8 GB DDR4 RAM provides ample space to store huge data files and heavy .exe run file apps.
Besides all that, the ASUS TUF FX505DT is equipped with anti-dust cooling technology, an RGB backlit keyboard, a wide-angle 15.6 inches 1920×1080 IPS FX505DT display, and much more.
While the ASUS TUF FX505DT offers more than what you would expect from a budget laptop except for the poor battery life which is quite disappointing even for a budget level laptop like the ASUS TUF FX505DT.
5.Microsoft Surface Book 2
- 13.5 inches pixel sense display
- Intel core i7
- 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 8TH GEN 8650U quad-core processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU memory
- 10 point multi-touch G5 system
- 256 GB SSD drive
- Lithium polymer battery
- Surface precision mouse
Microsoft is a renowned name in the software industry but it’s not only limited to software now, not anymore. Started with manufacturing phones after buying Nokia, Microsoft, nowadays, producing high-end laptops too and the Surface Book 2 speaks for the reputation of Microsoft.
- The Surface Book 2 is equipped with an 8th Gen intel core i7 8650U quad-core processor that translates into an incredible speed of around 4.2 GHz.
- Also, the 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM delivers a magnificent speed of 1866 MHz which is more than enough to run heavy software like Revit.
The Surface Book 2 is perfectly capable of running heavy .exe files thanks to its built-in 256 GB SSD graphics comprised of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU memory.
All these features and a better than ever viewing experience with the 13.5 inches pixel sense display incorporated with a 10 point multi-touch G5 system that offers a wide range of controls and that too while running heavy graphics-intensive apps. In addition, the detachable screen allows you to convert the laptop into a notebook as per your needs.
Although the Surface Book 2 is one of the most powerful 2-in-1 machines you could ask for, the fact that it cost way too much just because of the brand name and you easily turn towards other alternatives that too by spending less money is certainly a negative point.
6.Acer Predator Helios 300
- 15.6″ Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display
- Intel i7-10750H processor
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- 512GB NVMe SSD
- Wi-Fi 6
- RGB Keyboard
Another high-end laptop from Acer, highly compatible both for gaming and high tech software such as Revit and AutoCAD, etc. Primarily designed for gaming, the Acer Predator Helios 300 is a working beast thanks to a marvelous combo of an 8th GEN Intel i7-10750H 6 core processor and 16 GB DDR4 RAM.
- A built-in GeForce GTX 3060 graphics card with an integrated 6 GB RAM for graphics processing helps in delivering incredible performances both in gaming and running heavy graphics-intensive apps.
- The 3D fan cooling system reduces the noise of the fans while keeping the system temperature at an optimal level while running highly intensive graphic apps.
A 15.6 inches full IPS backlit display gives a better than ever viewing experience plus the rechargeable battery makes you work for almost 7 hours on Revit on a single charge.
There is everything in the Acer Predator Helios 300 one could ask for in a laptop for Revit except for the absence of biometric features such as the fingerprint reader which is a common feature to have these days in laptops and of course I am a bit disappointed with that.
7.Lenovo IdeaPad 3
- 15.6 inches HD screen
- 1366×768 resolution
- AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Processor
- 4GB DDR4 Onboard RAM
- 128GB SSD
- AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
- Windows 10
Another masterpiece from Lenovo, the IdeaPad 3 is a fantastic entry-level laptop for architects and engineers just starting their professional careers. Although it doesn’t have a dedicated GPU, it certainly have a pretty powerful processor to cope up with that problem.
- The dual-core AMD Ryzen 3250U processor clocks a speed around 2.6 GHz that provides sufficient power to run heavy software like Revit.
While it’s just an entry-level laptop that won’t cost you much so it’s understandable to expect less and unsurprisingly you will be getting a 128 GB SSD with 4GB DDR4 RAM which is just enough for you to satisfy your needs.
However, the 15.6 inches HD screen offers a great viewing experience with a little help from a built-in AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics card. All in all a good option to have if you are a little out of budget and still want to pursue your career as an architect.
It’s only fair to expect some drawbacks from a budget laptop and Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is no different. With a meager 128 GB SSD and 4GB RAM, you would feel that you are missing something.
Talking about missing things, you won’t get the keyboard with a backlit feature plus Windows 10 operating system limits your software options to windows store only.
8.HP Pavilion 15 Laptop, 11th Gen Intel Core i7
- 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor
- 16 GB RAM
- 512 GB SSD Storage
- Lithium ion battery
- Full HD IPS micro-edge Display
- Windows 10 Pro
- Intel iris XE graphics processor
Another highly recommended machine for Revit, HP Pavilion is widely popular for its unique dual memory power that helps in delivering consistent speed while running graphic intense apps like Revit and even high-end games. The 15.6 inches full HD IPS micro-edge screen provides a better than ever viewing experience which is a key factor while working on Revit.
- The HP Pavilion works on the back of an 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor that provides a stunning working experience on Revit.
- Not only that, the intel iris XE graphics processor provides an enchanting visual experience on graphic intensive software.
The 512 GB SSD Storage will make your life easier than ever before by storing huge data files with ease. Also, you will be served massively with 16 GB DDR4 RAM in terms of saving heavy data files on the hard drive.
- It’s difficult to find a negative point in such a complete machine, however, if HP could’ve added an integrated video RAM for graphics, it would make it a more powerful and comprehensive laptop.
9.2019 Apple MacBook Pro
- 16 inches Retina display
- 8TB SSD storage
- 9th Gen Intel Core i9 processor
- 16GB RAM
- Six speakers sound system
- Ultra smart thermal cooling technology
No introduction is needed whatsoever, everyone knows what Apple is all about. Manufacturing high-end smartphones for years, Apple is now into producing high-quality laptops and the MacBook Pro is certainly one to look out for.
Primarily famous for its generous storage space, the MacBook Pro certainly gives you the freedom to store huge data files without any concern.
- Apple devices are all about power and strength and the 9th Gen 8 core i9 processor does exactly that, provides speed with consistency throughout.
- The 16” Retina display incorporated with the unique true tone technology provides stunning visuals and perfect color resolutions.
Equipped with an ultra-modern smart touch Bar and Touch ID that allows users to alter the color scheme in their designs. To accommodate high-end games and intensive graphic software, the MacBook Pro is incorporated with the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M graphics memory along with GDDR6 VRAM.
Also, the 8TB storage memory makes life easier than ever before and is one of the few reasons for it being the bestselling notebook in the market.
It’s fair enough that a laptop from Apple with such features costs a bit too much but the fact that a machine with that price doesn’t have an SD card slot and weighs too much for my liking is definitely a downfall.
10.Dell Inspiron 15 5000
- Intel Quad-Core i5-7300HQ Processor
- 15.6 inches full HD display
- 1920×1080 resolution
- 1TB HDD
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB VRAM
- Windows 10
Primarily designed to accommodate high-end games, Dell Inspiron is equipped with all the right features to be able to confirm the needs of a Revit user. The 15 inches full HD display comes with unique and great viewing angles, gives your viewing experience a lot of good.
- The combination of an intel core i7 6700 HQ processor and an 8GB DDR3L RAM provides consistent speed to run high-end software like Revit.
- To supplement the outstanding performance of the processor, it’s incorporated with a built-in NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics card to accommodate graphic intensive apps such as Revit.
To store huge data files is not a problem now, not anymore with a 1 TB HDD storage space of DELL Inspiron. Also, the high-quality built-in speakers offer great sound quality and the rechargeable provides ample work time of almost 8 hours which in every sense is more than enough for a laptop.
Dell Inspiron is a budget-level laptop so it’s only fair to compromise on some traits such as the absence of a USB C port, poor screen quality, and software library limited only to the windows store.
11.Latest Gen 8 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- 14 inches Full HD display
- 10th Gen Intel i7-10510U Processor
- 1 TB PCIe SSD
- 16GB RAM
- Windows 10 pro
The latest Lenovo ThinkPad X1 is a high-performance laptop model, powerful enough to accommodate intensive graphic apps such as Revit and AutoCAD besides some other exciting features. The sleek design of the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 makes it a worthy option for people looking for a go-to laptop for travel.
- The ultra-efficient 10th Gen Intel i7-10510U Processor is a working beast that can clock up to a speed of 4.9 GHz which makes your Revit app sail smoothly like a cruise ship in the ocean.
- The 1 TB PCIe SSD teams up with the 16 GB RAM provides enough space to store your heavy data files with ease.
The 14 inches full HD display offers easy controls and an exceptional viewing experience. Also, the 1A rechargeable battery offers enough work time to accommodate your professional life.
The only downfalls to this otherwise a pretty handy laptop for Revit is that it comes with no SD card slot, the price tag is a bit on the higher side and your software library would be limited to only windows store.
12.MSI Creator 15 Professional Laptop
- 15.6″ 4K UHD Ultra-Thin Bezel Display
- Intel Core i7-10875H processor
- GeForce RTX 2070 Super GPU
- 32GB RAM
- 1TB NVMe SSD
- Backlit keyboard
You won’t be able to run software like Revit on an ordinary machine and that’s why you need to have a laptop just like the MSI Creator 15. You can’t just deny the fact that MSI Creator 15 has the most amazing 15.6 inches 4k ultra-thin bezel display that incorporates a unique 180° hinge to provide portability.
- The ultra magnificent intel core i7-10875H processor provides a speed of 5.1 GHz, most by any laptop on the list and it’s no surprise that it would make a meal of the Revit software.
- To cope up with intensive graphic designs, MSI Creator 15 is equipped with an RTX 2070 super GPU plus an 8 GB video card that provides improved textures and realistic lighting effects on your models.
The impressive 32 GB RAM allows you to multitask while working on intensive graphic apps with ease. Also, you can easily store huge data files on a generous 1 TB SSD without any concern.
Although the MSI Creator 15 is a complete package, the price tag is a little too high and the fact that a machine with a price tag as high as this comes with pretty average battery life is a little disappointing to my liking.
Before purchasing a machine to use with Revit, you must understand what things to look for in a laptop that makes it the best laptop for Revit. Here are some important traits to be aware of before you get to a final decision.
CPU plays the most important part in the smooth running of software like Revit. However, you must understand that it’s the speed of the CPU and not the cores that you should focus on. And that’s the reason why most gaming laptops are generally graded as the best laptops for Revit.
While Revit is a graphics-intensive software, it needs a certain level of graphics processing capability but not as much as one would expect. A normal gaming card would be enough to accommodate Revit with ease. However, if you are into other high-end graphics processing programs, you may want to use graphics cards from NVIDIA or AMD.
Revit is a high-end software and it would certainly be a demanding one in terms of the RAM capacity of your laptop. So you must consider a laptop with at least a RAM of 16GB. However, you can always install additional RAM as per your needs.
Last but not the least, you must need enough storage space in your laptop to store huge .exe files and for that, it’s advisable to choose a laptop with a solid-state drive. A hard drive would do as well but that won’t be as efficient as an SSD. A 512 GB SSD would be a perfect choice for Revit.
What is Revit?
Revit is a program generally used by architects and engineers to run intensive graphic software that allows users to frame precise 2D or 3D construction models.
How much RAM does a laptop need to run Revit?
It depends on the nature of your work but experts suggest that a laptop with a random access memory of 16 GB would do the job with ease. However, you could do it with 8GB RAM too.
Revit or Auto CAD? Which is the best?
AutoCAD is a normal software used to design and draft structures while Revit is way too advance as compared to AutoCAD, used to build intelligent 3D models.
The process of purchasing a brand new laptop is always a tricky one but as you are well aware of all the important traits to look out for in a laptop, you’ve even got a list of the top 12 best laptops for Revit to choose from.
It’s now up to you to get it right and choose wisely according to your needs and budget. Goodbye for now and best of luck with your endeavors.