This post was most recently updated on April 9th, 2021
8 useful ways to take Screenshot on Asus Laptop and share
If you know the shortcuts of keyboards and how to use them life becomes a whole lot easier.
You don’t have to move the cursor all the way down just to open up the start menu when you can simply press the window key on the lower left side of your laptop or you don’t have selected the text by moving the cursor all over it, just simply press and hold ctrl + shift key and use directional to indicated the text that you want to copy.
Read Also : 15 Best Laptops For After Effects – Reviewed
You see how simple it is. Learning shortcodes, and short-keys might be tricky but once you are good with shortcuts, you’ll be pro at computer.
In Asus laptop, different shortcuts can help you a lot to get tasks done much quicker like switching tabs, switching windows, opening up the start menu, taking a screenshot, etc. one of the common questions that we came across is how to screenshot on Asus laptop.
Read Also : Best Laptops for Watching Movies – Reviewed
Some of the laptops share the same ways to take a screenshot. Whilstonother laptops it can be difficult and quite different to take a screenshot. But no more difficulties because we have got it covered for you.
The fact is taking a screenshot is much easier than it seems, so in this article, we are going to show you how to take a screenshot on an Asus laptop. Sowithout any delay let’s get started with the process:
How to screenshot on Asus laptop
There are many different ways to screenshot on an Asus laptop and mainly it depends on the type of screen that you want to capture.
There is a different way to access each of them. So let’s start with an old-school method that works on every Windows device.
Method 1:Taking a screenshot with Shortcuts
- Firstly, you need to locate the print screen button on your laptop. The button should probably be located at the upper right of your laptop’s keyboard. You will see the button abbreviated to PRT SC or anything similar to this. Additionally, there are more chances that the Print Screen key will be located in your keyboard as a secondary key, not a primary key.
- To capture a screenshot, you need to press and hold the (Function key labeled as) Fn key located at the lower left side of your laptop’s keyboard. With the function key pressed, the laptop becomes able to register the functions of the secondary key of any key that has both functions primary and secondary.
- When you held the Fn key, press the Prt sc or Print screen key. When you press both keys at the same time the laptop will take a screenshot of whatever is on the screen. And the screenshot will be taken and saved to the clipboard of your computer.
- Now, to paste the screenshot that you’ve just taken, you will need to press Ctrl + V at any particular place whereyouneed to place the screenshot. If you want your screenshots to be saved only in your computer clipboard as in the actual image file, then you’ll need to paste the image into an image processing app like paint. In painting, you can save it as an actual image file. You can also attach the screenshot to any email or you can also post an image on any social media post.
- To see the screenshots, you have captured go to C:\Users\username\Pictures\Screenshots that’s where you’ll find your screenshots.
Method 2: Taking screen print or screenshot on an active Windows
If you want to take a screen print or screenshot of active windows, there are two ways to do so:
Way 1: By using paint
- Open the search box at the left lower corner of the screen and type paint and then click to open the paint app.
- Now, open the active windows that you need to capture and then press the PrtSc key from your keyboard. The windows will take a screenshot and it’ll be saved in your clipboard.
- Now, on the paint application, click on the paste button and press ctrl + V fromyour keyboardto paste the screenshot.
- If you want to crop or resize the screenshot you’ve captured, then click on the crop or resize button, and adjust the size of the screenshot.
- Now that you have the changes, click on the File and then the Save button. Choose the location where you want to save the screenshots.
Way 2: Use the Snipping tool
Snipping tool is a powerful tool that comes included in Windows Vista and later. This is how you can use a snipping tool to take a screenshot.
Step 1: Open the Start menu, and type snipping tool in the search box, snipping tool will appear. Click on it to open it.
- The Snipping tool panel will appear., Now, left-click on the New button placed on the left upper corner of the screen.
- Now click and drag your mouse across the area that you need to capture. After making a selection release the mouse button.
- Now, click on Save Snip to save.
- Now choose the location where you want your screenshots or snipped shots to be saved.
Method 4: Using plugins and extensions
Apart from these traditional methods, we can also take screenshots by using plugins and extensions.
This method comes in handy for those who are unable to take a screenshot by using the shortcut keys or basic Prt Sc key as they don’t work all the time.
There are some well-known extensions available on the internet such as GoFullpage, Lightshot, Fireshot, Nimbus Screenshot, and many video recorders.
These extensions and applications are open sources and freely available on the internet. They can be easily found on the chrome web store.
You can do so by following these steps:
We have used an example of a light shot extension to capture screenshots.
A light shot is another software built specifically to screenshot the screen on the Mac and Windows.
This software is open-source software so it’s easily available on the internet.
- When you have downloaded the software on your laptop, press the Prt Sc button from your keyboard.
- Drag your mouse and select the area that you want to take a screenshot of and then copy that area by pressing Ctrl + c.
- If you want to save the screenshot to any desired destination, you can do so by Ctrl + s.
Method 5:Via Gamebar on windows 10
Capturing the screenshot by the Game bar is pretty easy and straightforward if you don’t know how to screenshot on an Asus laptop. Here’s what you can do:
- First, you need to open the game bar, to do so press Windows key + G on a laptop if you are using windows 10 and the windows game bar will appear on the screen.
Remember: Windows bar is a feature available only on Windows 10, so this method will only work on windows 10.
- A new pop-up menu will appear on the screen on the left side giving multiple options, select the camera icon from it and windows will take a screenshot that’ll be saved on the screenshots folder or any other destination that you have selected.
So, this is how to screenshot on Asus’s laptop. We hope this article would help you a lot. If you are still having problems taking screenshots, then let us know in the comments section and we will find a solution to your problem.